Terms of Reference for Capital Consultative Group
- To problem-solve issues raised during implementation, in order to help ensure emerging Government policy plans are workable and risk is minimised.
- To provide a forum for cross-sector dialogue and a sounding board for DfE on capital policy and funding issues, including how policy will be viewed by the sectors and industries they represent.
- To share cross-sector perspectives and views with DfE officials as they take forward next steps on the Government’s response to the Independent Review of Education Capital and capital funding reform.
- Representatives will take responsibility for cascading information and for feeding in views and thoughts from the different sectors or forums they are identified to represent.
- In recognition of the special status afforded to attendees by involvement with the Group, if there is any information that the Department shares with the Group that is considered sensitive and confidential at that point in time, the Department will make this clear to the Group and Group members will not share or circulate this information outside the meeting/Group membership, unless cleared by the Department to do so.
- The Group is non-executive with no formal reporting lines but officials may propose issues for escalation to the DfE Funding Programme Board or to Ministers, which is where accountability for capital funding rests.
- The Group will meet formally three times a year (termly) with extra meetings in between when timing (due to policy or funding developments) suggests this would be beneficial. Contact details will be shared and the Group will also use ‘virtual’ correspondence as a means to share information or thoughts with each other on capital policy or funding issues outside of meetings where relevant and useful to do so.