Every governing body is legally required to appoint a clerk and you, as that clerk, have an essential role in the governance of the school. The main responsibility for managing the relationship between the clerk and the governing body lies with the Chair of Governors.
Where the governing body employs a clerk directly, it is the responsibility of the Governing body that you, as the Clerk:
- understand the duties and responsibilities of the role
- receive adequate remuneration
- receive annual appraisals
- receive appropriate training/support
- have a designated line manager
As a clerk, you will be answerable to the governing body and must be able to give completely independent advice to them.
If you would like to offer your services as a clerk, please complete this form with your details.
Are you a member of NGA
Where did you head about NGA?
Summary of your Application