Lead and support your governing board to have real impact on your school’s improvement.
Our expertise and leadership has helped to develop and support excellent governance for more than 12 years. This is just one of the reasons why the Department for Education (DfE) has chosen NGA to deliver the following funded Leading Governance professional development programmes:
Development for Chairs Development for Clerks Development for Boards
At NGA we want to ensure you can still access DfE funding for our Leading Governance programmes, and your CPD is not impacted too negatively by COVID-19. Many governors and clerks are choosing to use this time to access online training and development, and giving thought to how to continue their personal and professional development remotely.
We hope any chairs and clerks wanting to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding during this time, will take the opportunity of accessing funding whilst it is still available for all boards, by joining the new Summer 2020 cohort we have opened on our website. We are committed to ensuring that all those that apply are able to access our e-learning and online evaluation tools, with the option of joining face-to-face workshops when it is safe to do so, or accessing this component of the programme in our upcoming virtual sessions.
Once you have applied for your place, you will receive access to all course materials and online learning, and can begin your journey to improved practise when it has never been more needed.
NGA delivers Leading Governance programmes across England. Our map indicates geographical reach and shows where we are facilitating and completing cohorts. The Summer 2020 Cohorts are designed to be devleired entirely online, therefore they do not appear on the map. You can immerse yourself is these programmes from the comfort of your own home.
To see where we are currently recruiting, please view the available cohorts for our chairs, clerks and board programmes.
NGA Leading Governance programmes:
- draw on NGA’s unrivalled knowledge of best governance practice
- build on NGA’s experience of effective training and development programmes
- provide bespoke training and support to meet participants’ needs
- are informed by governance research, DfE and Ofsted expectations
- utilise NGA’s online self-evaluation tools
- are delivered by sector-expert facilitators and consultants
- are quality assured
- are excellent value for money
- are located wherever there is local demand
- provide valuable evidence for Ofsted
Have a question about one of these programmes?
Take a look at our FAQ's
- Call us on 0121 237 3780 (option 4)
- Complete the enquiry form