Who is this guide for?
Welcome to Governance is an induction guide for new school governors, trustees of standalone academies and those governing at academy committee level in a multi academy trust (MAT).
"Welcome to Governance is an invaluable and comprehensive companion for anyone playing an important governance role within our school system."
Andy Buck, Managing Director #honk, Founding Director Leadership Matters.
This new edition of Welcome to Governance has been updated to include the most recent changes impacting the work of governing boards including:
- Education overview – we bring you the latest developments from across the education sector
- Role and composition of the governing board – updates on governing board best practice and changes to legislation and central guidance
- Data – In July 2017, the Department for Education (DfE) replaced its longstanding data service, RAISEonline, with Analyse School Performance (ASP). This edition gives those governing key information on the new service
- Assessment and curriculum – the most recent changes in both primary and secondary curriculum, assessment and statutory testing
- Data protection – this edition covers the role of governing boards in relation to the new General Data Protection Regulation
- School finance – a detailed and refreshed overview of school funding including the types and levels of funding and school financial management
- Coasting schools – an updated overview of what it means to be coasting
- Ofsted – A refreshed section on Ofsted incorporating changes to short inspections for good schools
- Pupils and parents – following changes to the government’s exclusion guidance
- An updated model governor role description
- An updated Glossary
Plus much more!
- Members: £6 per copy
- Non-members: £12 per copy
If you are not currently a member and would like to be, find out more about our membership options available to you. If your school has GOLD membership, all new governors will receive a complimentary copy of this guide when first registered with us.
To purchase your copy of this guide, simply add it to your basket above or to enquire about bulk discounts (15 copies or more), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.