NGA Members Login
You are here:Home > Membership > Microsites > Reading
Reading area Governors’ Association (RGA) is a voluntary and independent organisation established to support the work of School Governors in the Reading area and run by volunteers. We are affiliated to the National Governance Association (NGA) and through NGA have access to a wide range of materials to support the work of Governors.
Membership is open to all state schools and nurseries in Reading on payment of a small annual fee to cover incidental running expenses. Our membership currently includes 80% of schools in Reading.
We aim to support the education and personal development of children and young people by:
- providing briefings to assist Governors in their role
- promoting co-operation between schools
- providing a forum for exchanging information
- acting as a consultative body for Governors
- raising issues of concern to Governors with the relevant authorities
- organising events to support the personal development of Governors
We produce regular newsletters and circulate NGA bulletins electronically. Events are organised across the year with an Annual Conference and AGM in November. All RGA events are free to members and members can also attend NGA conferences.
Non-members and governors from schools outside Reading are also welcome to attend our events for a small fee.
If you would like to know more about RGA you can contact any of the committee members; contact details are provided on our newsletters.
Download the RGA Autumn 2016 Newsletter here.
Download the RGA Summer/Autumn 2014 Newsletter here.