We are celebrating the contribution of clerks and other governance professionals who help make governance the force for good that it is in schools and trusts.
- In this blog, the month of activity is introduced by Steve Edmonds, NGA’s director of advice and guidance. Read the blog.
- Watch our webinar on ‘boards and clerks working together’ exploring how boards challenge and support their clerk to succeed, how those in a clerk/governance professional role can ensure their role is understood and appreciated, and building effective working relationships.
- Listen to fours clerks discuss how they manage relationships, foster a culture of challenge and enable effective governance remotely with the NGA team. Listen to the podcast.
- Read about the invaluable role of a good clerk and the importance of chairs effectively supporting their clerk in this guest blog.
- Virtual meetings, remote monitoring responsibilities and alterations to certain processes and procedures characterise the past year in governance. This blog summarises a panel at our recent clerking conference on returning to business as usual.
- Read about how two clerks build and maintain relationships with other governing boards and key individuals in this Governing Matters article.
Get involved - Share your story on social media
Share a message and our social media graphic with your family, friends, colleagues and networks using #VisibleGovernance. Your message could cover:
- Why you clerk or provide other governance support
- Why you are proud to be a clerk/governance professional
- Your favourite part of being a clerk or other governance professional
- The difference you make in your role
You can find social media graphics and all our Visible Governance graphics on our resources page. If you don’t use social media and would like to share your story you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Visible Governance campaign page