NGA Members Login
You are here:Home > News > NGA latest news > School Governors and Clerks honoured in Outstanding Governance Awards
Governing boards and clerks from around the country will attend an awards ceremony at the House of Commons on Tuesday, where the winners of NGA's Outstanding Governance Awards 2015 will be announced by Shadow Education Secretary Tristram Hunt MP.
Our finalists will be joined by NGA President, Baroness Howe of Idlicote, chair of the All Party Group on Education Governance and leadership, Neil Carmichael MP, as well as invited guests from the Education sector, including from the Department for Education and Ofsted.
We are delighted to announce that Shadow Education Secretary, the Hon Dr. Tristram Hunt MP, will address attendees and present awards.
Our 6 finalist schools are:
· Ashmount Special School, Loughborough, Leicestershire
· Churchill Community College, Wallsend, Tyne and Wear
· Upland Primary School, Bexleyheath, Kent
· Plantation Primary School, Halewood, Knowsley
· Kingsway Community Trust, Manchester
· Silver Springs Primary Academy, Stalybridge, Cheshire
Our 4 finalist clerks are:
· Helen Barber of Riverhead Infants’ School, Kent
· Anwen Bumby of Ysgol Glan y Mor, Ffordd Caerdydd, Pwllheli, Wales
· David Walker of St Georges Church of England Academy Trust, County Durham
· Sally Coulter of William Farr Church of England Comprehensive, Lincoln
These awards are held every two years and are open to any government funded school in England. The clerks award is run jointly with Governor Wales. The aim is to celebrate good school governance and examples of best practice throughout the governor and clerking community.
We wish all our finalists the best of luck and thank all those who entered. These awards are vital in helping to celebrate the work of volunteers.
The winners and the event at the House of Commons will be reported in Governing Matters in July and in SchoolsWeek. Don't forget to follow the event from 16:00 on Twitter @NGAMedia using #NGAawards.
You can read more about our finalists in the event programme which can be downloaded here