Training can be delivered via face-to-face and online workshops by NGA consultants. Our workshops are easily accessible and designed to be both interactive and engaging. They provide the opportunity to learn with fellow governors and trustees on a virtual or face-to-face basis.
With the responsibility of setting the school's vision, holding leaders to account and ensuring financial probity whilst effectively leading the board, chairs have a critical role in governance.
Our Effective Chairing training is designed to support you in these areas and ensure you have the key skills to make a real impact.
The purpose of the session
Chairing the governing board, be it a maintained school, a trust, an academy or a committee, is a key leadership role.
At the end of this session, you will have a clear picture of the extent of the role, the challenges, and some of the strategies you can employ to make the role one you can perform effectively.
What will the session cover?
- What makes an effective governing board?
- The chair’s role in ensuring effectiveness
- Specific responsibilities
- Leading school improvement
- Leadership qualities
- Governance making an impact
Who should attend?
- Chairs and future chairs of maintained school boards, trust boards, academy committees and committees
- The senior leadership team is expected to attend
- The clerk to the board
- This session is suitable for a group of schools to share
- This session can also be tailored for a multi academy trust to reflect the trust’s specific governance arrangements and be delivered to all the chairs in the trust
How will the session work?
This is a two-hour session.
All NGA sessions are interactive and provide information, activities and opportunities for discussion.
For more information on this session, please submit a 'contact us' form at the top of this page or phone 0121 237 3788 (option 5)