Training can be delivered via face-to-face and online workshops by NGA consultants. Our workshops are easily accessible and designed to be both interactive and engaging. They provide the opportunity to learn with fellow governors and trustees on a virtual or face-to-face basis.
Trustees need to understand school and trust funding, to be aware of their responsibilities as a trustee for financial oversight, and to ensure that their school organisation gets value for money whilst making an impact – no small ask for any trust board.
The purpose of the session
At the end of this session participants should have a basic understanding of how to ensure that their trust’s finances are being well spent.
What will the session cover?
1. The current context for governance
2. The strategic and compliance roles of the trust board
3. Effective financial management and the role of the trust board
4. How your academy trust is funded and resourced
5. How to set, evaluate and monitor your trust’s budget
6. How to help your organisation to be financially efficient
Who should attend?
Trustees and academy committee members
The senior leadership team and finance director / trust business manager are expected to attend
How will the session work?
This is a two hour session
All NGA sessions are interactive and so provide information, activities and opportunities for discussion
For more information on this session, please submit a 'contact us' form at the top of this page or phone 0121 237 3788 (option 5)