Please make sure you are using an up to date browser when accessing these forms. For example: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari or Firefox.
Leading Governance: Development for Clerks
Registration form for Leading Governance: Development for Clerks
NGA is required to collect information about you and your board to share with the Department for Education as a contract requirement.
Questions marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory, other questions are optional but will help us to adapt local programme delivery to suit your needs where possible.
Before filling in this form, if you haven't already done so, we suggest you view details of available cohorts; as this form is only suitable for those wishing to book onto a specific cohort.
If we are not currently taking bookings for a cohort in your area, please fill in the register your interest form and we will be in touch when one becomes available.
Please read the Terms and Conditions of the programme and the important information below before booking your place
• Before completing the booking form, please make sure you have your Governor ID Number and the details of two referees to hand.
• Your Governor ID number should be available through the Get Information About Schools (GIAS) site
• Check whether your school has registered you on GIAS by searching for your name here
• If your name and school appear in the results, click on the ‘download these search results’ option at the top right of the screen and follow the instructions
• Once you have downloaded the results, you will be able to see your Governor ID number against your name and school in column C
• By providing their details, your referees consent to being contacted by the Department for Education or its agent to provide an informed view on the quality of governance leadership of this board. They must not both be from the same board. Referees may be, for example:
o the headteacher/principal/CEO or another member of the board you govern on
o a National Leader of Governance (NLG) or other external governance expert with regular contact with the board you govern on
o from the Local Authority, a local Teaching School Alliance, or a Department for Education Adviser or Regional Schools Commissioner regional office official.
Please note that you are able to save the form and return to it at a later time if required.