Practical e-learning support to help governing boards develop and plan their future leadership.
The module at a glance
This module will help you to:
- Understand the importance and principles of succession planning
- Review the characteristics of good chairing
- Reflect on barriers that might hinder succession planning
- Develop a suitable structure for succession with their own board
- Become equipped with takeaway tools, strategies and knowledge to plan for the future of their board.
Study time : approximately 45 minutes
This new e-learning module is created by our in-house governance experts, in partnership with Inspiring Governance. It provides governors, trustees and clerks with guidance and practical steps for preparing and reviewing a succession plan for chairing roles on their board and encouraging their ongoing learning and development.
This module will support you in creating an effective succession plan, either be spotting potential leaders currently on your board or designing a planned recruitment process. It provides all the knowledge and understanding you will need to do so in an interactive space.
Upon completion, you will be able to not only spot but also develop potential leaders and help them to understand and practice what it is they need to do.
To ensure you are prepared for the future, you can find this module in the ‘Active Learning’ section of your Learning Link account.
Login to Learning Link Subscribe to Learning Link
Sneak preview of the module: