You school or trust may be using its income well but does your strategy include the possibility of generating additional income? And if it does is that strategy realistic and embraced by the school or trust?
Is your vision as ambitious as it could be?
Will circumstances beyond your control mean that your vision may become unaffordable without increased income?
This session will provide you and your board with an approach to working pragmatically and strategically with the senior leadership team to find suitable new funding to help improve pupil outcomes.
The purpose of the session
Many boards and their school leaders think about finding new sources of funding to deliver their improvement strategies and in some cases just to maintain the status quo; some are successful. This workshop provides the opportunity for governors and trustees to develop an realistic and practical approach to working with senior leaders to generate additional funding which is suitable for their school or trust and which stands a good chance of success. Using case studies and a four stage approach the workshop explores the positive impact governors and trustees can have. Exploring different types and sources of funding and support, including partnerships with the community and beyond it will help those governing make informed judgements and contributions to help their senior leaders focus on the development and implementation of viable strategies and projects.
What will this session cover?
Current challenges for schools and trusts
Expectations of those governing
- A reminder about “financial efficiency”
- Developing a strategy for building income generation
- Evaluating types and sources of additional income including community support
- Identifying options and constraints
- Constructive challenge - “Is the benefit worth the effort?”
- Implementing, monitoring and evaluating
- Next steps
Please note that this session does not cover
- Ensuring that the school or trust is claiming the usual per pupil entitlements
- Parent Teacher Associations – this is not a governance matter
- How to make applications for capital funding from government to maintain and improve the condition of school buildings and grounds.
Who should attend?
Governors, trustees, academy committee members and clerks
It is for suitable for a number of schools to share
The senior leadership team is expected to attend
How will the session work?
This is a two-hour session.
All NGA sessions are interactive and provide information, activities and opportunities for discussion.
For more information on this session, please submit a 'contact us' form at the top of this page or phone 0121 237 3788