Schools and academy trusts are responsible for large sums of public money and governing boards have the important responsibility of ensuring it is spent in the most cost-effective manner.
In this webinar, NGA Director of Policy and Communications, Sam Henson, and Director of Professional Development, Charlotte Harding, set out how governing boards contribute to financial efficiency by prioritising spending in the interests of pupils.
The webinar covers:
- key indicators of financial efficiency
- how to recognise effective procurement in your school or trust
- the principle of integrated curriculum and financial planning
- questions to ask about financial efficiency (and who to ask)
- suggested approaches to income generation
Director of Policy and Communications
Sam oversees NGA’s policy, communications and research services, supporting NGA to achieve positive change in the policy of school governance. He is the policy lead for NGA’s work on the governance of multi academy trusts.
Director of Professional Development
As Director of Professional Development, Charlotte overseas NGA's training and consultancy services including our leading e-learning platform, Learning Link.