We are committed to ensuring that our website is usable by everybody. We apply relevant standards and seek to continually improve the user experience.
This website is run by The National Governance Association. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, this means you can:
- use the menu at the top of each page to readily move between important areas
- read and interact with pages when zoomed up to 200%
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- change the text size of the website through your browser
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
The ‘help’ facility of your internet browser software will provide useful information on these and other accessibility options. Additional information on accessibility options can be found by following the links below:
- Accessibility options for Apple Macintosh
- Accessibility options for Windows
- Accessibility options for Firefox/ Mozilla
How accessible this website is
We strive to comply with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. We have aimed to adhere to best practice guidelines for usability and accessibility across the website, although there may be limitations in some areas. This includes:
- some older videos do not have captions
- some older PDFs and MS Word documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
If you have any difficulty accessing this website, please do not hesitate to contact us.