Post your vacancy
Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust
- Type of school: Infant, Junior, Primary, Academy, Special
- Address: c/o The Alderton Infant School, Alderton Hall Lane, Loughton, England, Essex, IG10 3HE
- Local Authority: Essex County Council
- Contact Name: Elisabeth Nunn
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Telephone: 07941383246
The Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust wishes to appoint a Clerk to work with its Local Governing Bodies. We are based in the Epping Forest area of Essex and have 15 schools (primary age) and 1 special school.
Our Clerks provide support and guidance to our Governors to help them carry out their important duties of overseeing educational standards and financial efficiency. The EFSPT Clerking Team is briefed and supported by the Head of Governance.
Your responsibilities would include:
● Attending and minuting governing body meetings
● Working effectively with the Chair and Headteacher prior to each meeting to adapt the Trust’s template agenda
● Distributing papers within agreed timescales
● Advising the governing body on governance legislation and procedural matters
● Preparing accurate minutes of governing board meetings, indicating who is responsible for any agreed action to be submitted within agreed timescale
● Recording decisions accurately and objectively with timescales for action
● Attending termly briefings with the Clerking Team and Head of Governance
Commitment: Typically, 4/5 LGB meetings a year plus 6 Trust Committee meetings.
Closing date: 31st January 2022 at midday.
Ivel Valley School
- Type of school: Special
- Address: Hitchmead Road, Biggleswade, England, Bedfordshire, SG18 0NL
- Local Authority: Central Bedfordshire Council
- Contact Name: Gillian Needham
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +447957863469
This role is for 6 hours per week during term time. Please see the attached job description, however please contact me for an initial discussion so I can share more information regarding the role and the school.
Closing date: 28.02.2022
Kingsmoor Lower School
- Type of school: Junior
- Address: Kingsmoor Close, Flitwick, England, Bedfordshire, MK45 1EY
- Local Authority: Bedford Borough Council
- Contact Name: Mark Osborn
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Telephone: 07748632328
Kingsmoor Lower School are seeking an experienced clerk to provide support to the governing board.
The main responsibility of the Clerk is to advise the governing body of their duties and procedures, and to work closely with the Head Teacher and Chair of Governors to ensure the smooth running of governing body business. Our full board meets every half-term, and we have a finance committee meeting each term making a total of nine for the year. We would also like our governance professional to be available for any extraordinary/disciplinary meetings that may be necessary. For each meeting, we require agenda and supporting papers to be circulated a week in advance, and an accurate set of minutes produced in the week following. Our clerk should also maintain our Action-Tracker, and ensure that the board adheres to the planned annual cycle of business.
For more information, please visit the school website: www.kingsmoorschool.co.uk
Closing date: 10.02.2022
Lytham Schools Foundation
- Type of school: Primary, Secondary, Post-16
- Address: C/O Bank House, 9 Dicconson Terrace, Lytham St Annes, England, Lancashire, FY8 5YJ
- Local Authority: Lancashire County Council
- Contact Name: Paul Beverley
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 07771912562
The Lytham Schools Foundation is a Charity with an investment portfolio of both property and financial investments and awards grants and makes donations in respect of the furtherance of education in the FY8 postcode area. We provide grants to both individuals and organisations to support education & co-curricular activities, as well as providing funding directly to the schools. We also provide means tested bursaries to support children attending AKS Independent School.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Clerk to support the activities of the governing board of trustees. Our expectation is that the role may occupy up to 1 day per week but will vary on time of year. We are a Board of 10 persons who meet 8 times per year, with some additional ad-hoc meetings & events. Applications due in January for a mutually convenient start in Feb / March.
Magna Learning Partnership
- Type of school: Academy
- Address: Wyvern St Edmund's, Church Road, Laverstock, Salisbury, England, Wiltshire, SP1 1RE
- Local Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Contact Name: Carina Sawyer
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01722 328565
Magna Learning Partnership is a Multi Academy Trust serving Salisbury and the surrounding area. Currently there are four primary schools, three secondary schools and one sixth form college in the partnership with other schools likely to join us in the near future. There are over 4000 young people educated in the Trust and approximately 400 employees.
We are looking to appoint an organised, reliable and enthusiastic Academy Governance Committee Clerk, to support two academies within Magna Learning Partnership on a flexible part-time basis. The Clerk will support the Head of Governance within a wider professional team. The position is mainly home based, but involves attending daytime and evening meetings, whilst also working closely with the allocated academies.
We are looking for a Clerk who has exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. The ability to work independently and as part of a team, with high attention to detail, discretion, and have an understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality. This pivotal role requires proactive engagement, flexibility, professionalism and strong commitment. Full training will be provided.
Please visit www.magnalearningpartnership.org.uk/join-our-partnership/careers/ to download the application pack.
Closing date: 11.02.2022
Northbourne CE Primary
- Type of school: Primary, Academy
- Address: 1-3 Cockcroft Road, Didcot, England, Oxfordshire, OX11 8LJ
- Local Authority: Oxfordshire County Council
- Contact Name: Sara Green
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01235 817744
We are looking for a Clerk for our Local Governing Body, paid £11.50-£12.20 per hour for 6 hours and up to 6 hours overtime for each of our 6 meetings a year (currently, meetings start at 5pm and are typically held on a Thursday). We are
looking for someone with:
• Experience of taking minutes of meetings
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Ability to work within tight deadlines
Key duties will include
• Attending and minuting full governing body meetings
• Providing administrative support to the governing body including maintaining and advising on its schedule of business
• Attending clerk briefing sessions organised by ODST and / or OCC
• Liaising between governors, school and the academy trust
• Providing ongoing advice to governors on their legal and procedural duties
Strictly Education 4S
- Type of school: Infant, Primary, Secondary, Academy, Special, Maintained
- Address: No 1 Pixham End, Dorking, England, Surrey, KT22 8SX
- Local Authority: Surrey County Council
- Contact Name: Sarah Judd
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01306 320158
We have vacancies in schools and academies across Surrey and surrounding areas and are looking for applications from experienced governance professionals wishing to take up additional exciting opportunities. We would also welcome applications from individuals with transferable skills, experience and qualities looking to develop into the role. Induction will include the support of an experienced clerk mentor and relevant development training. The role is flexible and can work alongside current employment. Professional clerking ensures that the processes and procedures of governance are administered efficiently. Using excellent communication skills, the clerk organises and takes the minutes of meetings, ensures the efficient functioning of the board by providing a range of associated administration duties, and provides advice and guidance to board members to ensure they work within legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Type of school: Academy
- Address: c/o William Edwards School, Stifford Clays Road, Orsett, Grays, England, Essex, RM16 3NJ
- Local Authority: Thurrock Council
- Contact Name: Peter Melville
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01375486007
The South West Essex Community Education Trust is looking to recruit a Clerk. The main roles of the Clerk are to advise the governing body of their duties and procedures, and to work closely with the CEO & COO and Chair of Governors to ensure the smooth running of governing body business.
SWECET consists of 6 schools and has Trust Board and an active Finance, HR & Audit Committee.
Typically 4 meetings a year of the TB and 6 or more for its committee.
If you have a good eye for detail, have strong administrative skills, are good at planning ahead and wish to use your skills to contribute to a school community, then we would love to hear from you. Please contact Peter Melville on 07833415134.
Closing date: 31.01.2022
The Collegiate Trust
- Type of school: Primary, Secondary, Academy
- Address: Honister Heights, Purley, England, Surrey, CR8 1EX
- Local Authority: Dacorum Borough Council
- Contact Name: Sara Scott
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Telephone: 020 8655 8722
We are looking to appoint Local Governing Body Clerks as soon as possible in the Croydon and Crawley area. Hourly paid contract - hours/days will be agreed subject to needs of the Trust.
Further information and application can be found at
Closing date: 28.01.2022