Visible governance for employers
As part of the visible governance campaign we want to recognise the employers who champion and support their staff to govern and encourage more employers to see the benefits of doing so.
actions for employers
- To recognise and celebrate the employers who encourage and support their staff in their governance role.
- To encourage and equip governors and trustees to be visible in their workplace.
- To raise awareness of the benefits of governing to employers and how organisations can support their communities and young people through governance.
Supporting and encouraging your staff to govern is a great way to give back to your local community and wider society and gives staff an opportunity to develop skills that feed back into the workplace.
How employers can support school and trust governance, our new resource, explains the role of governors and trustees, why employers should support their staff to govern, and how you can do so.
Already supporting your employees to govern? Or want to find out more about how you can get involved? Email us at email@example.com
“School governing boards play a vital role in their local communities and offer a diversity of perspectives to school leaders. The CBI supports highlighting the benefits of governance for employee development and shining a spotlight on those offering their time and business expertise to support schools.”
Head of Education and Skills
Confederation of British Industry
Governors and trustees
Help us raise the profile of governance and what you do with your employer. You can get involved by:
- Taking small actions to make your role visible in your workplace - we've created a list of ideas to get you started.
- Share our new resource with your line manager, or HR lead to explain the benefits governing brings to you, your organisation and wider community.
Does your employer support you in your governance role? Share your story with us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Examples of employer support include:
- Providing paid time off for governing duties or training
- Providing access to resources
- Running seminars or activities to bring employee governors/trustees together
- Having your governing role as part of your development objectives
BlogUpdated: 29/02/2024Visible governance
GuidanceUpdated: 04/01/2024Visible governance
NewsUpdated: 28/09/2023Visible governance
NewsUpdated: 27/09/2023Equality, diversity & inclusion
BlogUpdated: 01/09/2023Latest updates
NewsUpdated: 06/07/2023Governing board evaluation
CampaignUpdated: 01/03/2023Visible governance
WebinarUpdated: 17/02/2023Visible governance
NewsUpdated: 14/07/2022Visible governance
WebinarUpdated: 25/02/2022Strategic planning
NewsUpdated: 05/05/2021Latest updates