Membership and Projects Officer
Are you an enthusiastic team player with excellent customer service skills?
Then this role may be for you!
We have an opportunity for a Membership and Projects Officer to join the team in Birmingham. You will work on a full time, permanent basis and receive a competitive salary of £18,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending on experience).
We aim to represent all school governors and trustees in England; there are over 250,000 governors/trustees, one of the largest volunteer groups in the UK. We are an independent charity that aims to support and promote good governance in our schools; we do this through lobbying, via a range of contacts with ministers, policy makers and education organisations. We also run national conferences, and a number of regional events.
As our Membership and Projects Officer, you will be required to deliver a high-quality customer focused support service to NGA members through all communication channels. Assist with projects including facilities management and human resources function as required.
Responsibilities of our Membership and Projects Officer include:
- Ensure the membership onboarding journey is seamless and ensure welcome packs are sent out in a timely manner.
- Respond to all membership enquiries and issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Identify, investigate and resolve non-technical issues internally, provide a solution wherever possible prior to third party escalation.
- Provide a telephone answering service/online support service to ensure all membership enquiries are dealt with professionally/transferred to the appropriate member of staff.
- Assist with the preparation of event materials, merchandise and collateral for NGA events and conferences.
- Assist the Office Manager with day-to-day facilities management issues as and when required.
- Assist with the administration of NGA’s recruitment processes.
- Assist with the organisation of induction programmes for new members of staff.
- Assist with the design, development and implementation of business processes and procedures.
- Support the future development of the CRM system to ensure it is fit for business.
Benefits of becoming our Membership and Projects Officer:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Holiday entitlement increases after 3 years’ service
- Pension at 6% on completion of probation (6 months)
Closing Date: Monday 13th May, 9.00am
Interview Date: Wednesday 22nd May
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Membership and Projects Officer then we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
Candidates must complete an Application Form and we will not accept applications by CV.
Candidates are asked to submit Monitoring form. This form is optional, and the information provided is confidential and used for monitoring purposes only.
If you have any questions about the role please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with ‘Membership and Projects Officer’ in the subject line by 9.00 am on Monday 13th May 2019.
If you have not been contacted with an invitation for interview by the end of Wednesday 15th May 2019, then please assume you have not been successful.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form