Welcome to the Clerking Matters campaign page
- to increase the understanding of the importance of the work of clerks and what can be expected of a well-trained clerk
- to help governing boards find good clerks where there is difficulty in doing this
- to help clerks know where continuing professional development can be found
- to encourage appropriate remuneration of clerks
Our regular Clerking Network meetings are held virtually, providing an opportunity to share knowledge, experience, good practice and updates on the campaign.
- The Find us a Clerk Service, which provides governing boards with a platform to advertise their vacant clerks’ positions and for clerks to advertise their services to boards.
- Essential resources including model role descriptions that cover clerking responsibilities in different governing structures, and an annual appraisal document covering a twelve-month cycle, which can be adapted to fit different clerking roles.
- Our Knowledge Centre has a wealth of information and resources for clerks and governance professionals to deliver support, advice and guidance to their boards.
- Research and recommendations that inform what clerks should be paid.
- NGA’s Leading Governance programme, which offers a Level 3 Certificate in the Clerking of School and Academy Governing Boards accredited by the Chartered Institute of Governance.
- Learning Link modules specifically for governance professionals and governance modules which will enhance the effectiveness and good practice of governance professionals
- Our Annual Clerks’ conference provides clerks and governance professionals attending from all over the country with a stimulating programme of keynote speakers, panel discussions and practical workshops.
NGA members can receive our Governing Matters magazine, which includes a regular Clerking Matters feature. Recent articles include:
Contact clerking email@example.com if you have any questions or wish to find out more about the Clerking Matters campaign.