Local Associations are independent, volunteer-led organisations, which provide a forum for governors and trustees in a local area. Local Associations are an important part of NGA membership as they provide vital local information which enables NGA to represent governing boards’ view at meetings with the Department for Education and other national bodies.
We work successfully with many local associations across the country, providing information, guidance and a voice at a national level.
With an NGA membership, your local association’s executive board will receive:
- Access to NGA GOLDline for expert, confidential and independent governance advice for the local association executive committee on matters relating to the association.* Our advisers can help with queries relating to education law, offer best practice and provide problem-solving advice
- Discounts on our sector leading guides Welcome to Governance and The Chair’s Handbook. Bulk discounts are available on large orders
- a copy of our membership magazine Governing Matters for each executive committee member
- Access to members-only content in our online Knowledge Centre
- A weekly e-newsletter featuring the latest education news and policy updates
- Free places at our conferences and events, including the Summer and Annual Conferences, Clerks’ and SEND Networks
- Access to NGA’s webinar and podcast series
- A Local Association micro-site page hosted by NGA
- Representation at a national level through our lobbying and campaigns
Learn more about the great range of membership benefits you can access.
*The GOLDline Advice Service is for local association matters only and does not include membership for local governing boards.
Should your school(s) wish to take out GOLD governing board membership with access to the GOLDline Advice Service, please fill in our online application and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
Sign up for Local Association membership
Sign up for Local Association membership today. Fill out our online application form.
Full terms and conditions of all membership packages.
Get in touch: Call our membership team on 0121 237 3780 (option six) or complete our contact us form.
Price on application
For local associations looking to work with NGA to develop professional governance, gain access to resources and access to expert advice.
One copy to every member of the executive committee
Available to the executive committee on matters relating to the local association