Local Associations are independent, volunteer-led organisations, which provide a forum for governors and trustees in a local area. They are an important part of NGA membership as they provide vital local information which NGA would not have access to otherwise – in turn, this enables NGA to represent governing boards’ view at meetings with the Department for Education and other national bodies.
We work successfully with many local associations across the country, providing information, guidance and a voice at a national level. We support local associations in order to develop professional governance, keep up to date and compliant and to save them time and money.
With an NGA membership, your local association’s executive board will receive:
• a weekly e-newsletter during term time featuring the latest education news and policy updates
• full access for our members’ only content on our online knowledge centre
• a termly bulletin to keep your schools up to date and help develop good practice in school governance, for local associations to distribute to their schools and networks
• three free places at NGA summer and annual conferences, and three free places at NGA regional conferences or meetings which draw high-profile speakers including government ministers and senior officials from the Department for Education and Ofsted
• one free NGA speaker to attend and present at one local association event per annum
• a copy of our bi-monthly magazine Governing Matters for each executive committee member
• discounts on our sector-leading guides including Welcome to Governance and The Chair’s Handbook with bulk discounts available on large orders
• exclusive access to our GOLDline advice service which offers independent and confidential advice on strategic, procedural and legal information about governance on matters relating to the association.
To take out membership for your local association, please fill out our online application. If you would like to learn more about local association and their role, please click here.
*Please note, the GOLDline Advice Service is for local association matters only and does not include membership for local governing boards. Should your school(s) wish to take out GOLD governing board membership with access to the GOLDline Advice Service, please fill in our online application and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
Full terms and conditions of all membership packages can be found here.
Price on application
For local associations looking to work with NGA to develop professional governance and gain access to key resources
For each executive committee member
Available to the executive committee on matters relating to the local association