The move beyond effective:
Key themes for local authority governor services from the 2013/2014 school improvement inspections
This paper takes a forensic look into the local authority school improvement (LASI) inspections conducted by Ofsted. In particular, it focuses on governor services and challenges to governors in England.
Download the report (PDF)
The report draws primarily from three sources:
- the Ofsted LASI inspection reports
- the focused school improvement (FSI) letters
- key interviews conducted with school improvement officials and heads of governor services from across a number of relevant local authorities
- The ‘Trojan Horse’ affair, drawing upon the Clarke and Kershaw reports to highlight common themes between other local authorities and Birmingham City Council.
- Key themes from LASI inspections that have already taken place and looks to see what Ofsted were looking for when they went into these local authorities.