Welcome to Governance 13th Edition
Covering both local authority maintained schools and academies, Welcome to Governance provides a strong foundation for governor induction programmes and supports individuals through their first 12-18 months in the role. It is also an invaluable resource for experienced governors looking to refresh their knowledge.
This new edition of Welcome to Governance covers:
- the school system and how governing boards can work effectively
- the four core strategic functions of governance – ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction; holding executive leaders to account; overseeing financial performance; and stakeholder engagement
- new content covering how governing boards should discuss financial efficiency and how they can help ensure their schools are great places to work.
- resources such as governor and trustee role descriptions and guidance on the responsibilities of academy committees
- simple actions you can take to embed your learning and start you on the path to becoming effective in the role
- an updated glossary of commonly used acronyms
- Signposting to guidance and e-learning available through NGA’s Knowledge Centre and Learning Link
New governors/trustees receive a complimentary copy
If your school has GOLD membership, all new governors/trustees will receive a complimentary copy of this guide. If you’re the account holder, chair or governance professional/clerk, log-in to your board’s membership account and click on ‘My account’ to check your board’s details are up to date – you can add any new governors/trustees and they will then receive a complimentary copy.
MAT trustees receive a complimentary copy of Welcome to a Multi Academy Trust.
Order your copy
Members: £8 per copy
Non-members: £16 per copy
To order your copy of this guide, simply add it to your basket. To enquire about bulk discounts (15 copies or more), please call our team on 0121 237 3780 or complete the enquiry contact us form, choosing publications from the dropdown.
If you are not currently a member and would like to be, find out more about the membership options available to you.