Who is this guide for?
Welcome to Governance is an induction guide for new school governors, trustees of standalone academies and those governing at academy committee level in a multi academy trust (MAT).
"Welcome to Governance is an invaluable and comprehensive companion for anyone playing an important governance role within our school system."
Andy Buck, Managing Director #honk, Founding Director Leadership Matters.
This new edition of Welcome to Governance has been updated to include the most recent changes impacting the work of governing boards including:
- Education overview – we bring you the latest developments from across the education sector
- Role and composition of the governing board – updates on governing board best practice and changes to legislation and central guidance
- Data – In July 2017, the Department for Education (DfE) replaced its longstanding data service, RAISEonline, with Analyse School Performance (ASP). This edition gives those governing key information on the new service
- Assessment and curriculum – the most recent changes in both primary and secondary curriculum, assessment and statutory testing
- Data protection – this edition covers the role of governing boards in relation to the new General Data Protection Regulation
- School finance – a detailed and refreshed overview of school funding including the types and levels of funding and school financial management
- Coasting schools – an updated overview of what it means to be coasting
- Ofsted – A refreshed section on Ofsted incorporating changes to short inspections for good schools
- Pupils and parents – following changes to the government’s exclusion guidance
- An updated model governor role description
- An updated Glossary
Plus much more!
- Members: £8 per copy
- Non-members: £16 per copy
If you are not currently a member and would like to be, find out more about our membership options available to you. If your school has GOLD membership, all new governors will receive a complimentary copy of this guide when first registered with us.
To pre-order your copy of this guide, simply add it to your basket above or to enquire about bulk discounts (15 copies or more), please contact us.