This induction guide provides high-quality practical information on MAT governance structures and practice for new trustees and senior leaders,whether they have previous experience of governing in standalone schools or organisations in other sectors.
Building on our extensive MAT network and expert knowledge, this edition includes:
- the latest updates from government, including revisions to the Governance Handbook, Academies Financial Handbook and the Ofsted framework
- insights from NGA’s evidence-led reports and guidance, including: Time to Chair a MAT; detailed MAT case-studies; Moving MATs Forward: the Power of Governance and NGA’s community MATs network
- a focus on ethical governance and leadership including the new Framework for Ethical Leadership in Education
- updates on qualifications, school standards and school intervention
- the latest thoughts and evidence on MAT growth, due diligence and risk
- updates following the release of key NGA guidance and publications – including: executive pay; forming, joining or developing a MAT; and the role of members
- updates to exclusions and complaints
- Members: £8 per copy
- Non-members: £16 per copy
If you are not currently a member and would like to be, find out more about our membership options available to you here. If your trust has MAT membership, all new trust board members will receive a complimentary copy of this guide when first registered with us.
To order your copy of this guide, simply add it to your basket above or to enquire about bulk discounts (15 copies or more), please contact us.
Learn more about our MAT membership and MAT resources.