Clear, concise and informative, Welcome to a Multi Academy Trust supports you through your first 12–18 months of governance, helping you make a significant and lasting contribution to the success of your trust.
We have revised and improved Welcome to a Multi Academy Trust to provide vital insights into the role and core functions of governance and to help you become a more informed, effective trustee.
It acts as a reference guide as you begin your role as a trustee and get to grips with the challenges and opportunities in your trust. The guide includes:
- the school system and the basics of good governance
- what makes governance in MATs different
- the legal responsibilities of the trust board
- your role as an effective trustee
- the core functions of governance
- a glossary of common acronyms and jargon
- links to further resources that reinforce your learning
With a useful glossary explaining common acronyms and jargon, it also signposts you to resources in the NGA Knowledge Centre and to specific Learning Link e-learning modules which provide further opportunities to develop your governance knowledge and skills.
Order your copy
- Members: £8 per copy
- Non-members: £16 per copy
- Discounts are available for bulk orders